Be the Difference That Makes a Difference
Use your God-given talents to make a difference in the lives of others. There are many ways to share your time and talent at Our Lady of Light. We have great opportunities for volunteers from all walks of life and all age groups. Most of our ministries require no special expertise — just a big heart, willing hands, and a few hours each week or each month.
Extraordinary things happen when ordinary people do a little extra.
Choose one or more of the many ministries shown below to respond to God’s call to you in the Gospel to stewardship. Don’t worry that you might be signing away all your free time. We’ll match your interests and available time with our ministry needs. Many volunteers are snowbirds. Others have full-time, demanding careers. You can TRY ON any of our ministries at any time to see if you’d like to get more involved.
Take the first step today by filling out our Volunteer Application.
- Altar servers – Assist the priest throughout the liturgy
- Anchor Youth Ministry – All Middle and High School age teens are invited to Anchor Nights, nights of fun, fellowship and faith! Anchor Nights take place on Sundays, from 6:00-8:00 pm, preceding the 5:00 pm Mass
(Sept 15– May 15). Adults are welcome to volunteer as core members or as part of the hospitality team.
- Brothers in Christ, Too – Meets weekly after Mass for discussions about personal sanctity
- Catechists – Teachers of the faith to children, youth, families, young adults, and adults
- Children’s Liturgy – Share the Word during Mass with children ages 5-12
- Choir – Sings at 10:30 Sunday Mass. Rehearses weekly.
- Church Organizers – Keep pews neat, tidy and stocked with materials
- Divine Mercy Prayer Group – Weekly prayers for the special needs of the Parish
- Environment Art – Transforms worship space for each liturgical season
- Extra Ordinary Ministers of Holy Communion – Distribute the Body and Blood of Christ, typically serving twice a month
- Faith Formation – Family Formation, Adult Formation, Children’s Liturgy of the Word, RCIA, and Sacramental Preparation
- Mass and Baptism Greeters – Arrive early to greet and welcome, pass out bulletins
- Instrumentalists – Must be trained, able to play independently during liturgy
- Knights of Columbus – For men; membership, community, and charitable works
- Laundry – Washing and ironing of sacred linens done at home on rotating basis
- Lectors – Proclaim the Lord’s Word during the Liturgy; lead the General Intercessions
- Liturgy Coordinators – Responsible for the coordination for all aspects of the liturgies
- Our Lady’s Society– Meets second Friday of month after 8:30 Mass for spiritual growth
- Prayer Group – Members pray for the intentions of the Parish Community
- Rosary Making Group – join us as we make chain rosaries.
- Sacristan – Prepare the worship space for celebration of the sacraments
- St. Vincent DePaul Society – Provides food and financial aid to the poor and needy
- Thrift Store – Help sort, tag, display, and sell donations to aid the support of the Parish
- Ushers – Welcome and assist at liturgies, coordinate gift bearers, facilitate offertory collections
- Visitation Ministry – Bringing the Eucharist to those who are homebound and in care facilities. Greeters and Sacristans for funeral celebrations.