ANCHOR NIGHTS – Sundays After 5 pm Mass (Stating in September)
Please fill out the online registration form & the Anchor Authorization Form
(fill in authorization form print out, sign and either email to Patty, drop off at parish office or mail to the office).
2020-2021 ANCHOR OPTIONS:
Our plans for the fall look like this (plans in place as of 7/27 and subject to change depending on CDC and diocesan recommendations)
Option#1-In Person Youth Group, Sunday nights, 6-8 PM, after 5:00 PM Mass:
- Masks are required by all any time someone is not eating or giving a talk to an audience
- spread out in Parish Center-Pre-packaged box meals for dinner
- Rest of the night takes place in small groups,
- High School Students meet in small groups in the Parish Center, keeping the same chair as at dinner. Small Groups will spread out and also be separated from each other.
- Middle School Students meet in small groups in the classrooms and outside and will spread out and be separate from each other.
- Monthly Adoration Nights will take place in the Church, using the same distancing as at Mass.
Option #2-Virtual Zoom based Youth Group
- Virtual High School Youth Group-Sundays, 7-8 PM
- Live youth group teaching, zoom small group with their own online leaders
- Virtual Middle School Youth Group-different night of the week
- Zoom small group, same curriculum as Middle School in person youth group, but with zoom games.
Option #3-Virtual At Home Study with Parent
- Online based program done with parent/ mentor, weekly check in meetings with Patty
WHAT IS ANCHOR?
Anchor is our youth ministry program at Our Lady of Light for middle school and high school teens.
By offering weekly Anchor Nights, service opportunities, social events, retreats and conferences. Anchor seeks to provide a variety of avenues through which teens can personally encounter Jesus and grow in fellowship with one another.
WHY THE NAME ANCHOR?
In celebration of being a parish served by the Oblates of Saint Francis de Sales, the name “Anchor” was inspired by the words of Saint Francis de Sales:
“Have Jesus always for your patron, His cross for a mast on which you must spread your resolutions as a sail. Your anchor shall be a profound confidence in Him and you shall sail prosperously.”
MS Anchor is for teens in grades 6-8 and is all about learning how to know and love Christ and His Church. We meet on Sunday evenings after the 5 pm Mass until 8 pm.
HS Anchor is for teens in grades 9-12 and seeks to bring teens into relationship with Jesus Christ and with community. We meet on Sunday evenings after the 5 pm Mass until 8 pm.
We are looking for adults to volunteer for out 2020-2021 Anchor Core Team. For more information please email youth ministry.